Extra pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

home again jiggty jig

We had an amazing time up north, super happy we were able to make it work. Actually we really got lucky on that one since Joe's work partner has a girlfriend in the UP and so was more then happy to take a couple days off and ride up with us. Trip up was mostly good except we ran into snow in the last two hours and had to drive slow, the drive generally takes ten hours. We had a great time with my family, good Yule with our Kindred and my Mom threw me a Blessing Way which was awesome.

The Blessing Way was overwhelming, loving and supportive. I was resistant to a traditional baby shower since I find them boring and overly focused on baby, like lets just ignore the woman making the huge transition to motherhood and go squee over diapers. So when my Mom approached me about doing a mother focused ritual with close friends, I was really excited. It went really well, I was completely overwhelmed by all the love and support and spent most of the time trying not to cry (much.)

Animals are fared fine except I need to trim bunnies and Poppy lost a little weight, I think because my father in law (who was wonderful for feeding everyone) was putting hay in one big pile and three little girls can't play together, which is funny because I have seen them eating two at a time but three on the same pile is apparently out of the question.

I think I am still recovering since I managed to get the grocery shopping and errands done yesterday and today all I want to do is sleep, so I am going to go with it.

No comments: